Our Squad Leader are responsible for teams of 15-20 developers/testers and 5-7 technical project managers. They ensure all projects are delivered to the highest standards with outstanding customer service. A Squad Leader also ensures all team members are productive, achieving set goals and advancing technically while building on their communication skills.
Our Squad Leaders believe in servant-leadership. They empower their team, encourage growth and embrace failure. They lead by example; understand strength comes in unity and leadership begins in the trenches.
Education and/or Experience
- Create and manager plans to mitigate risks for all projects in your Squad.
- Manage resource allocations and priorities effectively.
- Mentors team members technically and professionally by offering constructive feedback.
- Hire, develop and train employee, coach team members for optimal performance.
- Provide team members regular performance feedback. Takes appropriate corrective action as needed to promote optimal employee performance.
- Keeps up-to-date with emerging IT trends and technologies and the industry’s best practices.
- Oversee all projects in your Squad to ensure Integrant’s brand promise: “deliver the best quality with the best service”.
- Work with your peers on building effective processes to achieve KPI’s standards, best practices for project management and best methods to mentor and coach employees.
- Work with account management, HR and sales and marketing departments to understand our current and future needs / requirements.
- Provide regular reports to the CEO and other departments on your Squad’s achievements, challenges and recommended solutions.
For consideration, candidates will need a Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field (or equivalent combination of education and job related experience) along with at least seven plus years’ job related experience in software development and delivering high quality enterprise applications. Additionally, candidates will need a minimum of three plus years’ job related experience managing and mentoring software professionals.
- Proven experience in the ability to mentor and develop teams.
- Software architecture and design skills to guide the development of solutions that are secure, scalable, and reliable.
- Indepth knowledge of industry standard best practices, development lifecycle processes and methodologies. Experience using agile methodology is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of quality management.
- Experienced in the use of metrics to drive decision making and process change.
- Skills in manual and automated unit testing of data-driven back-end applications with high transaction throughput.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, high productivity environment.
- Action-oriented, decisive approach to work required, with the willingness to take a hands-on role to ensure deliverables are met on time.
- Proven experience and expertise in delivering high quality enterprise applications.