The Project Manager’s main goal is to deliver the project within the agreed schedule and budget and with the expected quality. Project Manager is charged with planning and scheduling duties including developing project plans, monitoring and reporting status, and identifying and mitigating risk. In addition to, having the complete ownership over all aspects of the project including technical and business aspects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project Governance
- Effectively & correctly applies company’s processes & enforces projects management standards.
- Receiving, reviewing and accepting project scope of work from the Account Manager.
- Receiving project contract from finance department and executing project accordingly.
- Project Single Point of Contact
- Acts as the main technical and managerial point of contact for the Account Manager.
- Communicates relevant project information to Director of PM and Account Manager.
- Produces detailed status reports to Director of PM after evaluating team reports.
- Mitigates project risks in co-operation with other stakeholders.
- Identifies business opportunities whenever possible and communicating with Account Manager.
- Communicates and handles difficult and sensitive information tactfully.
- Project Sizing and Planning
- Working closely with the technical teams on developing work breakdown structure.
- Working closely with the technical teams on developing project effort estimations.
- Creating, updating and executing project plan.
- Project Team Management
- Identifies project resources needs & works with Functional Managers to staff for the project.
- Responsible for managing project team including assigning and releasing team members.
- Coordinating, following up, and assigning tasks to project team members.
- Coordinates project activities, schedules and prioritizes project features and tasks.
- Provides high level technical guidance to project team members.
- Has final approval of the design specifications and project architecture.
- Acts as the project Chief Architect when needed.
- Project Financials Management
- Completely responsible for delivering the project with the agreed project gross profit (GP).
- Track, audit, and review team consumed hours vs. budget and progress on a daily biases.
- Project Accountability
- Review and sign-off for both functional and technical specifications.
- Monitors deliverables vs. specifications and provide needed corrective actions.
- Spotting project delivery issues and providing constructive suggestion for improvements.
- Protects project scope and effectively manages change requests.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely manner.
- Ultimately ensures project is successfully closed on-time, under budget & with expected quality.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Deep custom software development industry experience.
- Strong technical background with hands on experience.
- Design, architecture, and implementation using best practices experience.
- In depth software project management experience and successful project delivery history.
- Strong understanding of latest technologies, techniques and methodologies.
- Hands on experience or at least familiar with managing projects using Agile approaches.
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices, techniques and technologies.
- Outstanding communications and negotiations skills.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Willing to take the extra mile with owning initiative.
- Self-managed ability to work independently and without close supervision.
- Positive, responsible, energetic, and confidence personality.
- Strong analytical skills, solid business judgment, creative problem solving, and decision making.
- Previous experience working with U.S clients is a plus.
- Flexibility to travel when needed (mainly to U.S & Jordan and could be other destinations if required).