The Quality Technical Project Lead main goal is to deliver the project within the agreed schedule and budget and with the expected quality working with clients, account managers, Squad Leads, and internal development and quality teams. The Project Manager is charged with planning and scheduling duties including developing project plans, monitoring and reporting status, identifying and mitigating risk. In addition, Program Managers have complete ownership over all aspects of the project including technical and business aspects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project Governance
- Effectively and correctly applies Integrant’s processes and enforces projects management standards.
- Receive, review and accept project scope of work from the Account Manager.
- Receive project contract from finance department and execute project accordingly.
- Project Lead/Point of Contact
- Act as the main technical and managerial point of contact for the Account Manager.
- Communicates relevant project information to project Squad Lead and Account Manager.
- Identify business opportunities whenever possible and communicates with Account Manager.
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies and techniques as part of a focus on continuous improvement.
- Communicate and handle difficult and sensitive information tactfully.
- Manage all resource and financial requirements for the test activity.
- Project Sizing and Planning
- Work closely with the technical teams on developing work breakdown structure
- Work closely with the technical teams on developing project effort estimations.
- Create, update and execute project test plan.
- Project Team Management
- Identify project resources’ needs and work with Squad Lead to staff for the project.
- Coordinate, follow-up, and assign tasks to project team members.
- Manage teams both in onshore and offshore situations.
- Provide high level technical guidance to project team members.
- Provide mentoring to test leads and test engineers
- Project Accountability
Required Experience & Skills:
- Responsible for all phases of testing and management of testing activities.
- Define and communicate test strategy, test scope, and acceptance criteria for the project.
- Ensure any risks associated with the agreed test strategy and the system test plan are clearly documented and described to the clients/users and stakeholders. Manage all risks associated with testing and takes preventative actions when any risks become unacceptable.
- Recognize project delivery issues and provide constructive suggestions for improvement.
- Protect project scope and effectively manage change requests.
- Ultimately ensure project is successfully closed on-time, within budget, and with expected quality.
- Advanced knowledge of software testing practices and project management best practices (agile, waterfall, etc).
- Experience recommending, implementing, and working with test management, defect management, performance, and automation tools.
- Understanding scope and limitations of different test types.
- Strong experience in test management of large projects and successful project delivery.
- Strong understanding of and up-to-date with latest technologies, techniques, and methodologies.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written command of the English language.
- Ability to work under pressure, practice excellent time management, and proactively identify, communicate, and solve problems.
- Self-managed ability to work independently and without close supervision.
- Positive, responsible, energetic, motivating, and confident personality.
- Strong analytical skills, solid business judgment, creative problem solving, and sound decision making.
- Flexibility to travel when needed (mainly to U.S).
- Experience testing mobile devices or security testing is a plus
- Previous experience working with U.S clients and knowledge of US business culture is a plus
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in one of the following areas:
Master’s degree in Business or a Project management certification (PMP or Prince 2) or ISTQB Advanced certification in Test Management certified is a plus.
- Computer Science.
- Information Systems.
- Computer/ Electrical/ Communication Engineering.